Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bobbi Brown, You should be my neighbor!


Since I was in high school I have been religiously devoted to the Bobbi Brown Makeup line. They have continuously provided me with makeup and skin care that doesn’t make you want to scream at the mirror from horrid pimple growth. I think my skin has changed over ten times since I was 14yrs old due to puberty, age, environmental damage, sun, and well it’s hard to talk about it. You can all relate, but Bobbi Brown has been there for me.  Bobbi diverged from the standard makeup world to create a line that accents natural skin tones and provides a flawless look for any skin type. You would be surprised how many chemists would agree that many makeup lines today just produce garbage rather than actually provide quality makeup. You’re paying for it so it’s important you don’t just buy anything. That’s why I love Bobbi! 

What Bobbi Brown products do I have NOW in my makeup bag:
Extra SPF 25 Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer Balm: Medium to Dark Tint    $50.00
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this product especially in the winter. It comes in all different types of shades from Alabaster to Dart Tint. If you find yourself wearing foundation that normally cracks or shows an undefined line from your dry skin TRY this moisturizer that’s tinted. DUH! It makes so much sense. This balm is ultra-rich, blends easy, and it gives your skin a gorgeous glow especially in the winter. It was ranked number one “Most Moisturizing” tinted moisturizer in Feb 2011 in the featured REAL SIMPLE magazine. Beyond that, I can’t stop buying this product since it’s so flattering, lasts me up to 6 months, and you don’t need to cake it on. The Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer Balm is my daytime makeup. 


EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25- Honey 5    $55.00
BEST FOUNDATION! Most companies hand you foundations that dry, crack and don’t blend well on your skin. SOOOO most girls will first apply a moisturizer then apply. With Bobbi Browns EXTRA Repair Foundation you don’t have to do that. It comes in all different types of shades, from Warm Ivory to Dark Walnut, but what makes it so moisturizing is the Shea butter and primrose oil to keep your skin hydrated and looking FRESH.  This foundation is my evening makeup. 


FYI:
Buy the Foundation brush, it’s worth the cost, plus using your fingers actually adds dirt to your face with application.   $35.00

Buffing Grains for the Face  $40.00
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN it is so important we exfoliate our skin on a regular basis. Wiping away dead skin will allow your new cells room to breathe and provide you a FRESH look. The problem, we are sold products that have a standard amount of exfoliate per inch and for some this may not be enough or it can be too harsh. Bobbi Brown sells a dry grain separately from the cleanser. You can create a fully customized skin rub while staying loyal to a cleanser that already works for you.  I find myself using more exfoliate in the winter and less in the summer. Side Note: I used a standard exfoliate years ago and I burned my face since it was so harsh on my skin. That’s why I love Bobbi’s Buffing Grains. 
 Enjoy my little secrets that will keep you looking FRESH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment