Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

An alternative to healing minor burns~


Ok! I had to add this little piece of information, you all deserve to know. NOW there is no data or research that backs this alternative therapy but my family has been doing this for decades for minor burns. Well silly me decided to accidentally touch the 425 degree hot oven rack recently while playing Suzy homemaker for my bf, haha. Ok well its funny now but when it happened I wanted to scream. So I quickly ran to the sink to put my finger under cold water and realized I don't have an Aloe Vera plant (sorry, but when I went shopping for the apartment I didn't realize an Aloe Vera plant had to be on the list until I got this burn YIKES). Soooooo I remembered our family trick for pain relief as well as stopping the burn from getting worse. Make a thick paste out of water and flour-THAT'S IT. Apply to burn, at first it stings but leave it on until it dry's. Rinse and apply as needed. 

My finger went from a bubbling boil to a painless small burn by the next day. Hope you try this, let me know what you think?

1 comment:

  1. This couldn't have came at a more.perfect time! Just burnt myself on the oven and I was wondering what I could use as a remedy. Now ill never forget! Thank you, and once again your pics are too cute for words! Thank you for sharing all these wonderful tips with us! -Kim

    ReplyDelete