Why might you ask why I’m saying “Chia Chia”? According to new and upcoming research Chia seeds are full of healthy benefits that you don’t want to pass up. YES! These cute little plant pets did end up being very useful after all. Every morning I either place 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds in my green smoothie or glass of almond milk. They don’t interfere with flavor AND they include:
1) Highest plant source of Omega-3 (helps increase HDL
and decrease triglycerides in blood)
2) Healthy heart
3) Effective for treating hypoglycemia (Diabetics)
4) MORE antioxidants than Blueberries
5) Complete protein with 9 amino acids
6) Excellent source of calcium, magnesium, and Iron
7) Aid in healthy weight loss. They are a great source of fiber,
help eliminate many toxins, ALSO they metabolize
carbs which also helps curb your appetite.
I get my Chia seeds from Whole Foods. The brand is Navitas
Naturals Super Organic Chia Seeds ($10.99). You can also get them through Vitacost.com –A GREAT vitamin discount website.
This is a great source of nutrition to help your body stay healthy, fresh, as well as keep you looking fabulous.