Among the many stops my family and I have made this vacation we couldn’t resist a Spa Retreat in the gorgeous Colorado mountains. Hot Springs are used all over the world for healing, relaxation, as well as stimulating the body’s immune system. We must utilize this sacred treasure that so many Indians and Americans have used before us for hundreds of years. Imagine having a bubble bath that not only rids you of your toxins but provides you the natural setting of a serene dream.
MINERAL PROPERTIES you can find in the water:
1) Healthy Hair, skin, nails: Silica, Potassium, Sulfate
2) Muscle Relaxation/Heals Pain: Magnesium, Sodium
3) Prevents Inflammation (ex. Arthritis): Silica, Sulfate, Sodium
4) Heals fractures, dislocations, and cramps: Silica, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Sodium
5 Rids liver toxins/ boosts immune system: Silica, Sulfate
6) Helps with psychiatric disorders, anxiety, and strokes: Magnesium, Lithium, Potassium
7) Cardiovascular issues/circulation: Bicarbonate, Calcium, Potassium
In addition to this wonderful geothermal spring of goodness, you can also find a lot of these Spa’s including massages, mud masks, and facials. My family and I were in Ouray, CO near Telluride Ski Village. After soaking in the hot spring pools outside, we found ourselves walking a story beneath the hotel and at least 50ft deep into a mountain cave. This rustic cave was a steam haven where you can lay or sit in one of the two rooms. I fell in love………
*Note to self* Whenever your vacationing near a Hot Spring, take advantage.There are many places throughout America where you can find them. Below is a 104 degree Pool
There was a lot of steam but it felt like Bliss.