Suffering from hair breakage, dry ends, and frizzy sections? Take this tip and carry it with you for the rest of your life. My mother was so adamant about teaching me the importance of taking care of my hair. Since I was a teenager I have been treating my hair to a once a week deep conditioning treatment. This weekly protein feast will help repair, soften, smooth, revitalize, and add shine to your hair.
This is how it’s done…….
1) Go to Sally’s and purchase a thermal cap aka it’s a silver shower cap OR (not my first choice) you can purchase a shower cap from Target, Walmart or any convenience store. It’s best to get a thermal cap because it contains the heat.
2) Other products: A hair clip and conditioning balm of your choice.
3) Wash your hair separately in a sink with shampoo, rinse, and then squeeze as much water as you can out of your hair.
4) Apply conditioning balm to tips and lower 2/3 of hair. Try your best to not apply to top of scalp because you may get greasy results. Follow directions on bottle for amount needed for each treatment.
5) Twist hair up in a bun and clip.
6) Place shower cap over hair. Grab a medium size towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and wrap on head.
7) Keep conditioner in hair for 15-25min depending on how much treatment your hair needs. You may need to reheat your towel at the 10min mark. Then rinse and blow dry. (Attempt to air dry its best for your hair if you can).
For best results this treatment needs to be done weekly. Sometimes if my hair gets really dry I will treat it twice that week. TIP: I usually start the treatment before I eat breakfast, eat, then by the time im done its time to shower already. This way it doesnt interfere with my daily activities.
Products I recommend and LOVE……..
Biolage Bodifying Conditioner –Ulta- $15 (wait till you get coupons in the mail, SAVE $)
Bumble and Bumble Deeep Hair Masque-5oz for $26- Shephora(Expensive but awesome)
Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Hair Masque-Amazon- SALE $23.50 (Normal=$31) I use this now
Agadir Argan Oil Daily Moisturizing Conditioner-Amazon on SALE $12.25 (Normal=$21)I use this now
(Further Info on actual oil treatments with Moroccan Oil and Argan Oil to be continued…..)